As hearings continue for the Royal Commission into Defence and Veteran Suicide over coming months, it may be a difficult or distressing time for many veterans, service personnel and family members.
Support services are available now for current members, veterans and their families. Many services offer around the clock, free and confidential counselling and support:
- Open Arms: 1800 011 046 (24/7, confidential)
- SafeZone: 1800 142 072 (24/7, anonymous)
- Suicide Call Back: 1 300 659 467 (24/7)
- Suicide Line: 1300 651 251 (24/7)
- Lifeline Australia's crisis support and suicide prevention services: 13 11 14 (24/7)
- Defence Family Helpline 1800 624 608 (24/7)
For more information, visit Veterans support and .
The next hearing blocks are scheduled for 7 to 18 March in Sydney and 4 to 14 April in Canberra, but dates may be subject to change.
The Victorian Government will continue to work with the Commonwealth and other states and territories on the Royal Commission to ensure the best outcomes for veterans and their families.
Reviewed 22 February 2022