Accommodation and housing

Find housing and accommodation resources and support for you and your family.

Whether you need emergency accommodation or you're after a place to rent or buy, there are support services available to help you and your family find somewhere to live.

Emergency accommodation

Victorian Government crisis emergency accommodation support

If you’re in urgent need of somewhere to stay, you can get help or call the crisis accommodation 24-hour, statewide services 1800 825 955 (toll-free).

If you’re homeless or at risk of homelessness, or you’re experiencing family violence, crisis and emergency accommodation is available.

Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) homelessness support

The DVA can connect you to organisations that can help you and your family if you’re homeless or at risk of homelessness.

Crisis payment

You may be eligible for a crisis payment. Find more information and how to apply on the DVA website.

Open Arms crisis accommodation support

Find out if you’re eligible to access the Open Arms crisis accommodation program, or call 1800 011 046.

Victorian ex-service organisations homelessness services

Victorian ex-service organisations provide homelessness services for you and your family.

Community Housing

Veteran Housing Australia

Veteran Housing Australia Pty Ltd (VHA) is an organisation established by Carry On and is a registered community housing provider for veterans and their families. VHA provides affordable housing for the veteran community. VHA’s vision is to end veteran homelessness in Australia and to empower veterans to succeed. To contact VHA please visit Veteran Housing Australia.

Support to rent or buy a home

Victorian Government housing support

Defence Home Ownership Assistance Scheme

You may be eligible for the Defence Home Ownership Assistance Scheme (DHOAS). This assists current and former Australian Defence Force members and their families to achieve home ownership.